Friday, July 9, 2010

Charlotte North Carolina


We finally left Little Rock to our new destination in Charlotte NC. We stopped in Nashville TN and got a hotel for the night. We went to a cool mexican restraunt and enjoyed relaxing and just watching tv. The next morning we headed out, drove another 6 hours and finally made it. I love our apartment, it's by far the nicest one yet and Charlotte seems pretty cool so far!
Jess and I went and saw Eclipse. I loved it and it was for sure my favorite one so far! Then I took the kids to go see how to train your dragon. What a cute movie; one I definately want to buy when it comes out on dvd. Tylar was a little whiney and asked a few times to go home so I had to intrigue her with the movie and talk to her what she thought would happen. It kept her occupied and we enjoyed it!
The 4th of July Northstar had a get together at the pool where they barbequed, played volleyball, tossing balls around and everyone hangin out chattin. It was a great way for Jess and I to meet all the new wives out here, which by the way there's about 16 including us. They are all so nice and super cool! Were really excited since it was just Jess and I in LR and now we have a bunch of girls to hang out with. They are always sending texts of everything goin on. I really look forward to all the new things to do and the girl get togethers!

The Northstar Wives

Nate, the kids and I went down town later to watch the fireworks show, it was really fun but of course overly crowded and chaotic but well worth it.


The kids and I have been going to the pool a lot lately, they love it so much! One time we went with Sarah, one of the wives out here and her kids that are the same age as mine. Braxton made a couple new friends already and is super stoked about it.
Some of  us girls got together and went to this cool place called Dan Nicholas Park. It was over an hour away from Charlotte but well worth it. It had paddle boats, carousel rides,a petting barn, spray pads, gem mine and lots more. It was one of the coolest kid friendly places I've been to in a while; we all had such a blast!!!!
Kim and her daughter went on together, Christine, Jess and her kids on another and my kids and I on one. It was probably my favorite but wow what a leg work out or I'm just really out of shape! Lol
Braxton helped me paddle most of the time and Tylar was doing some steering, team work!
The whole dang gang!
The Petting Barn

The Carousel ride. I think this one was Tylar's favorite! She went on with Christine who she really likes a lot. It was so cute. Braxton felt like such a big boy going on his own pet with out an adult. They loved it!
We went to this Gem Mine where you buy a bucket of dirt and then you sift through it in the water. This was definately Braxton's favorite since he loves rocks so much. They both ended up with a descent bag of rocks and gems that were all sorts of colors. Awesome place!!

2 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

It sounds like this move has been a bit easier for you. What an experience your kids are getting though by being able to experience different parts of the country. Most kids never get to say they were able to live in 20 different states by the time they are adults.

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Dang sis, enough pictures don't ya think!!! Haha totally kidding, i posted more then that. I love looking at pictures. And oh crap i don't think i posted that picture of you and Talon kissing, or maybe i did. I don't remember now. That dan nicholas park was SO fun and the BBQ was too. This week difinitely has been great, i can't wait for next week cause i have some things planned! Yay! Im liking the summer now. And yeah you say you like your apartments, i say i HATE mine, ours are shit! Crappiest crap apartmets ever, i wish i lived in yours. :(
That reminds me, i need to get up and out the door to meet you at yours...now! See ya soon, pool time baby! I love you sis so freakin much, you the bomb diggity! :)