Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

Nate headed off to Little Rock last week for work and hid brother John didn't have to leave until Sunday. Jess, John, all the kids and I got together at the Park to have a bbq and play at the Park. John grilled the Burgers and they were yummy! The kids had a lot of fun feeding the ducks, playing and running through the water in the spray pad they had there.

Saturday, John and I took the kids to the Community Easter party where they had games, food and the Easter Bunny, who we took pictures with and the kids couldn't get enough of that. Braxton did ask a lot of questions about the Bunny if he was real, if he was the one who comes and hides the eggs, if someone is dressed up; he's getting older and smarter and is extremely curious on a lot of things; it's so cute but a lot harder to fool him than Tylar.
Easter 2010
Fun and Games!
The kids won a lot of prizes, they both got all 3 bean bags in the hole on their first try. They must get that from Daddy! I was so proud! They had a huge jump house too that the kids played in for a while. There was 2 of them, one for the smaller kids that Tylar went in and one for the older ones that Braxton went in. It's so funny how different they are from each other. Braxton loves the attention and loves to show off but Tylar on the other hand was telling John and I to stop it and go away every time she saw us looking at her and she would stop jumping. It was hillarious!

Gosh do I love these kids!!!
We went to Aunty Jessy's house on Easter day. The kids had a little egg hunt in the front yard and had to look for the baskets in the back yard, which we do every year. My family has always had that tradition, so I carry it on. I always thought it was the coolest, most fun thing to do at Easter growing up and now my kids are loving it just as much! The collage above is Braxton finding all his sports eggs.
Tylar finding all her girly colored eggs.
Braxton found his basket within 2 minutes; I just hid it in a bush, pretty easy. Next year it will get a little harder; smart little dude!
Tylar found her basket in about 5 minutes. We give clues to them by playing the hot and cold game. I think she's still trying to understand the entire concept of it but had fun doing it and trying to figure it out.
This year I decided to color coat their baskets and everything inside. Of course Tylar got all Pink and Braxton wanted all Blue. I love putting these together, it's so fun to me that I look forward to it! I also made them each a glass jar with chocolate bunnies in them with grass and tied with ribbon and their names. They thought it was so cute. Thanks to Martha Stewarts Living Magazine on that one! Lol! It was a great Easter but only wish Daddy could have been there but there will be next year which makes it that much funner to look forward to. Hope evryone had a great and fun Easter!!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

It was SO much fun having Easter with you! I loved how you made the jars with the bunnys in them, you are so creative!

Leah said...

I love the pictures with the bunny, and you look beautiful in that dress!!