Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Pictures From The Holidays


Before we left to St. George, we went to Mike and Jessica's house and my Dad and Robyn came over. We all had our own little get together and my Dad and Robyn brought gifts for all the kids. Braxton got a cool hot wheels ramp with cars and Tylar got a talking baby, they loved them!! Mike made awesome burgers and fries and home made fry sauce, it was soooo good! We had a really fun time chillin and hangin out together as a fam!

We made a huge gingerbread house, the kids had so much fun, especially eating the candy!

On our way back from St. George, we stayed a night with my sister Melissa and her kids, Damon and Destiny in Vegas. I love hanging out with her but I'm so mad I didn't get any pics of us, shocked huh!?! We watched The Hangover which was my second time seeing it but the first time I didn't pay too much attention to it and thought it was stupid but this time I really payed attention and laughed my butt off!! So when we first got there, Missy and I decided to go to the store and get some snacks and pizza. It was right around the corner from her place. So we took her car cause ours was way packed! We only took Tylar while the boys hung out. So before I go on with this story, for the people that really know me, know that I am a strong believer in seat belts and car seats. Well I have only done this ONE time previous;  I didn't get Tylar's car seat out of the car and put it in Missy's. It is strapped in in about 4 places and is really hard to get out especially with the car being packed. So I figured we'd be fine since the store was so close. I sat in the back seat with Tylar in Missy's car and buckled her in. Well what do you know, just my luck; we got pulled over cause Missy's plates were suspended and she didn't know; she was borrowing the car from a friend. The cop comes up to the car and immediatley asks how old Tylar was; after I responded, he bitched us out and was so mean but I could also understand how frustrated he was because he said he has seen a five year old that wasn't buckled in and threw through the windshield and died. He went back to his car and as we sat there; I was SOOOOOOO scared just thinking how much this ticket was gonna be or wasn't sure what the state laws were there and I even thought that maybe they might take me to jail! My heart felt like it was going to explode! I was even speechless when he was reaming us out, Missy did most of the talking, thank god! I was so mad at myself because I really never do that! Well the best part of the story that I'm still in shock about is he came back to the car and let us go with warnings! I couldn't believe it! He did say he wanted someone to bring a car seat for Tylar. So I called Nate and he came with the boys and Tylar drove back with him. I learned my lesson that's forsure, I will never do that again no matter how lazy I am or how close my destination is!!!

Jess, Talon and I went to Twilight for the second time,it was great! I seriousley can't get enough of it!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I would have been so scared! Glad he let you off with a warning. I am guilty of doing that too. Yikes!

I LOVE that bow holder you made for Tylar. You are seriously so talented. I can't believe all the cute crafts that you come up with. I wish I had a little more creativity in me.