Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Key West And Cozumel Cruise October 2010

Nate hit the incentive to get so many sales with his job:  he won the Cruise Ship vacation for us. We went to Key West Florida and Cozumel Mexico on the Carnival Destiny from October 28th to November 2nd. We flew out of Kansas that morning at 5:55 am; so we were up at 3 am!! The picture above was us on the airplane; we were so excited to go so it wasn't too hard waking up so early.
We finally got to the Miami Port around 2 pm. There was a shuttle waiting for us at the airport for the whole Northstar gang. It was really nice; they had everything set up so organized for us all.
Our ship "Carnival Destiny"
Goodbye Miami Florida
When we first got on the ship, we ate right away, we were so hungry! Then we went and got the itinerary for the day, then went and waived bye at the top of the ship and then went and browsed around and ate more!
(Left Picture)-Kendra, Katie and me. (Top Right)-Guthry, Brian, Nate, James and Dan. Nate and I were so tired from traveling and getting up at 3 am that we decided to take a nap. Well we slept longer then we intended and woke up at 2 am. We walked around the ship for a while, ate more food, then went back to bed. We woke back up at 5:30 and arrived in Key west around 7.
When we got off the ship in Key West, we took a trolley to down town where we just walked around and explored by ourselves. It is so beautiful there!! I guess we came to Key West when Fantasy Fest was going on; I guess they do it every year around Halloween. We had no idea until we walked down this busy street and started seeing older ladies with their girls hanging out and some with no shirts on with just body paint! We couldn't believe our eyes and were in shock! We thought the people there always dressed or should I say "undressed" like that, until we found out it was Fantasy Fest weekend. It was crazy but gave us a good laugh that's for sure! We went to all the cute shops there and got some cute souvenirs for the kids.
 We went to the Key West Butterfly exhibit. It was so cool! They say if a Butterfly lands on you in there, it's good luck. I guess I have good luck coming my way cause I had 2 of them land on me!


 Beautiful Butterflies everywhere!

 We went by the Ocean and got some shells for the kids. It was SO much fun there!
Key West history and our Ship.
 That night after Key West was Formal Night. Nate and I were assigned a certain table and time for Dinner with the Northstar team but there was a comedy show we wanted to catch, so we got into Dinner earlier. It was awesome; we ended up getting a table all to ourselves; it was really romantic! Afterwards we caught our Comedy show and ended up staying for 3 shows! We had a blast and laughed our butts off!!


My Formal dress my Mom bought me for an early Birthday gift. Thanks again Mom! I LOVE it!!! I felt like a Queen that night in that dress!
 Formal night and hanging with some of the Northstar gang at the Comedy club.
At the night club with Edelyn, Taryne, Tara and all our hubbies. Dance, Dance, Dance!!!!
 The next day, we arrived in Cozumel. It was really cool to see how they live there and it made me very thankful for the life we have in the U.S!!
 We went Snorkeling first thing when we got there. It was so cool seeing all the beautiful Fish. This was only my second time Snorkeling; I went out further here then I did my first time in Hawaii. It was cool until I went deep down to touch some Coral on a rock; when I came up, I didn't blow all the water out of my tube and I got some in my mouth. Then my flippers were too big, so I was curling my toes to keep them on, which threw off my kicking pattern. Then I looked up and noticed how far the water drifted us out! I started thinking of Sharks, which freaks me out! Getting in the Ocean is one of my greatest fears! I'm okay if I'm close to shore but any further freaks me out. So I started having a panic attack! Then I left Nate trying to get back to shore. I was doing something wrong because I completely lost my breath and was so tired. I almost yelled to some strangers for help; I didn't think I was gonna make it back. I just took a deep breath, started thinking positive and not about Sharks and told myself I could make it. It was the best feeling when my feet could touch the bottom!! I didn't go in again after that but until my little panic attack; it was amazing!!

 Cozumel Fun!!!!!
 (on left)- Leah and I. (On right)- Kim and Lance
 (On left)-Christine and her hubby. (On right)- Taryne and Nate.
 Playing Bingo and no we didn't win but it was a blast!!
 Playing Miniature Golf with Taryne and Nate.
Some of the guys played Shuffle Board and us girls browsed around in the shops.
 Halloween night. We dressed up as matching Pirates. I couldn't stop laughing at Nate cause in 9 years, I've never seen him dressed up besides in a mask. It was so funny! This was our funnest night! Of course I missed the kids and wish the cruise was a different date but I knew they were in good hands with my Mom. I knew she was spoiling them and took them to 4 different Halloween parties.
 (Left to Right)- Nate and Nate, Nate and Taryne and Taryne and I.
 Middle pic is of our friends Leah and JD. They were dressed up as Jersey Shore,  they were so cute!
 The Northstar Gang.
 My friend Christine tied the Costume contest with Jason, the owner of Northstar. It was a Contest between everyone on the ship; I thought it was so cool that they won it! She was dressed as a Sumo Wrestler and Jason was the Big Bad Wolf. Great costumes you two!!!
We took pictures with random people dressed up and we had a lot of strangers asking to get pictures with us. It was really fun! We went Dancing again and ate so much! Our favorite was the Sushi! A few times a day, we couldn't get enough!! That next morning, the ship was back in Miami. Our flight wasn't til 7 pm so we checked in our bags and took a cab with some friends to the closest Mall. We enjoyed lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, played games at D&B's and browsed around. We got back into Kansas at midnight. We were so exhausted and ready to see the kids! It was so much fun and a vacation I will NEVER forget! Thanks Northstar,Thanks Alie for helping Mom with the kids and getting us to the airport and back, Thanks Mom and Scott for watching the kids and Thank You Babe for making this all possible by doing great at work to earn this trip!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Lucky lucky girl. Wish Mike and i would of gone. Darn it. But babies were calling our name! Haha.
I LOVE your formal dress, so beautiful. Next year were for sure going. I hope you guys go again too.

Kaytee Postma said...

Reminds me of old times . . . but it looks like you had even more fun if that's possible!