Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tylar's Dentist Visit




Tylar had her Dentist appointment today. She had 7 cavaties! I know crazy right! Most of them were in the back where it is hardest to brush but from now on after finding out she had that many; I will be extra cautious and very anal with both my kids teeth. Anyway so they had to completly knock her out because we actually tried taking her in about a month ago and she freaked out and wouldn't let the dentist proceed so we had to set this appointment to totally sedate her to where the first time they just gave her a drink that makes you drowsy and laughing gas. This time was serious stuff! They had her sit on my lap, gave her a shot (anisthetics) and she cried really bad so I tried distracting her with the stickers they gave her and talking to her; it was working, then all of a sudden she started laughing for a few seconds then instantly passed out in my arms. I hated seeing her like that, all limp and non responsive. I know that's what it's suppose to do but it made me so sad I had to get out of there! The Doctor took her from my arms and layed her in the bed, put the heart rate moniter on and the oxygen mask; I gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked out. I waited for about an hour. When she was finished, they called me back and she was sleeping in the nurses arms. She told me Tylar woke up for a minute and all she could say is "I want my Mommy"; it broke my heart. As she explained to me her after care, Tylar just slept in my arms. We got in the car and I started video taping her because Nate really wanted me to and of course for good memories too! She would pass out, wake up and mumble things and pass out again. She was so out of it from the sedation. It was really sad but so funny the way she was acting at the same time! They hooked her up with lots of little toys, balloons and stickers and that's all she kept asking for. It was quite the experience I will never forget! My sweet little angel has been touching her mouth all day but I'm pretty sure the motrins helping out a lot! Hopefully she will heal fast and never have this many cavaties at once again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAD...Buckers! I feel so sorry for her. Missy and I were laughing watching this! Give her a big hug and kiss from me!
Love you all...
MOM

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Lol, she was so funny when you guys got home, but felt sad for her at the same time.

Leah said...

Poor girl! That is so sad. Hope her teeth get better soon!