Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Arizona Here We Come!!

First of all this might be long and I don't expect anyone to read it; I want it for myself, as you all know you can print out your blogs as a personal journal. Well we decided to move to Arizona mainly for Nate's new job or as I should say, a huge blessing! We wanted to live near the main office of Mike's and of course living near my Dad and sister Jessica would be a bonus but we could only go if it was truly where we are meant to be. So while we were out there back in March, I was sitting outside by myself thinking "is this where were suppose to be?" I was so confused because we have lived a few other places and nothing ever felt "at home" like St. George, Utah. So all I could do was pray. I sat there deep in prayer for about 30 minutes just asking God to give me some sort of feeling or emotion, something to help us decide where we should be. So we ended up staying about 3 weeks in Chandler; I was yet to feel anything but confusion! We headed back to St. George, well the second we got into town; for the first time in 14 years of living there; I did not feel at home. I thought maybe cause I was gone for a while and that the feeling would go away after a few days of being there and in our house. What do ya know; the feeling didn't go away, even after being in town, seeing family and being in our house, it did not feel the same, even being in our house, something didn't feel right. I have NEVER felt like that ever, living there in St. George. So I came to the conclusion that, that was God answering my prayer. To this day I don't even miss St. George; I can't help but to think of Arizona like it's our home already. So I know we are moving there for all the right reasons and do not have one doubt about it! Of course we will miss living by Nate's family who we are very close to but know we will still see them and know it's not too far.

So the past month and a half I have been looking for a house, I did not think it would be this hard or maybe I'm just making it out that way, I don't know but this online thing isn't working! So I have been playing it by ear and not to mention, our entire file folder case was stolen in Little Rock while we were packing the car to head to Nashville, yeah with all our birth certificates, marriage cert, social sec cards, shot records, pictures, everything important! (Damn clepto!) So that just made everything harder to do, especially when I need to get Braxton enrolled in school here soon and I needed those shot records and his birth certificate!! So I ordered a new one and still have to get part of his records from St. George and the other part from Las Vegas (since they refuse to send or fax them) So Nate and I wanted to spend a little more time together since we won't see each other until October but we decided today, it's best if the kids and I leave next Tuesday so I can be there in person to find a home, and get Braxton into school. (hopefully his b. cert will be there soon!)

So I'm pretty nervous to see the outcome of this upcoming trip. 27 hours with just the kids and I? Wow! A part of me is excited and a part of me is nervous! I know I can do it but the question is "how good will the kids be for me and how much will they fight?" Only one way to find out right! I guess it's one more adventure and memory to look back on, good or bad and to only make me stronger. I just know it will be a lot easier to find a place in person, you know, when you walk into a house and you can just feel it's right? So I think it will be quick and I can be there to see the new addition to the family. So after that I will have a 7 hour drive to Utah to still get our things out of storage and drive a huge u haul truck, get new social cards, get the kids shots updated, and figure out who's going to drive my car back to AZ or do I have the guts to drive a u haul ,with the car on the back ,with both kids too? I still haven't figured that one out yet! So yeah I have a lot coming up! Busy busy busy.......I know it will all come together, I just wish it was to that point already! The upside is I am SO excited to be in a house again with all our things and get to decorate the new place yay!!!!! Words can't even say how excited I am for that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckers...I was reading this and an idea came to me. Go to a dollar store and pick out several things for the kids and put them in their own backpacks. They don't get any of the toys or books, colors, or little toys to play with, until they get in the car and you are on your way. You might only tell them that each State you go into, they are allowed to pick out two toys from their sacks, then you put the sacks away and they don't get them again until the next State. It will probably keep them going for awhile and not have them get too board. Another thing you can do is go to FamilyFun.com and they have printable on-line things that you can find for them to do or look up "car games" and see if there is anything that you can all do together. Each State will have a "different game to do"...they will begin to ask what State are we in? Maybe you should show them a map and they will learn as you go along. It's an adventure that they (and you) will remember "forever"...just make it FUN! The move can also be FUN! Go on-line to get some ideas or google in some of the FUN Games you can all do...it will keep you awake!

Love you bunches...
I will be praying for all of you to be safe!
MOM

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Your funny Becky! You can do the 27hr drive, and just try and make the best out of it, even if the kids fight still try and be positive! It helps!
Also, I'm excited for you to move here, you will LOVE Arizona once your in a house and you get to know your way around. This place is seriously such an awesome place to live, tons to do and fun places to go. Seriously, i love this state! Oh and mom mentioned today actually how nice and awesome the people are here. I kept telling Allison awhile back how cool Arizona people are and most of them arn't too bad of drivers that piss you off. haha! Anyway, when you get here i hope you come to my church with me, that's a way to meet cool friends fast! Well i guess i'll see you next week in the hospital!!! Love you

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to having you stay with us. Thursday nights I shoot & Robin visits her parents, takes them dinner; so I would recommend you visit with Jessica. The dog will go crazy if you're here & we're not. We will have to have a cookout, grill some burgers, hotdogs, etc. while you're here. Maje sure you have your swim suits! Too bad you couldn't get someone to watch the kids & come to the shoot. Oh well, you'd probably be embarassed watching this old man try to keep up with the youngsters. While you're here, I can print out the whole story you had stolen; also, I am now starting to collect WWII knives. They are really cool!Love you Bucksters! DO NOT STOP FOR ANYONE OR PICK UP ANYONE NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAY LOOK LIKE THEY NEED HELP. CALL 911 INSTEAD. DRIVE CAREFUL & THE SPEED LIMIT. GET YOU & YOUR KIDS HERE SAFELY....AND THAT'S AN ORDER! LOVE, Dad

Kaytee Postma said...

Your mom is smart!!! What a great idea to do the backpack idea and only let them get 2 things out per state. Smart lady I think!

Have you reported the theft of all your personal docs? Identity theft scares me! I hear it's getting a lot more common for your children's identities to be stolen and you won't figure it out til they are old enough to need their credit.

Leah said...

Wow you do have a lot on your plate. Good luck with the drive and move. It's so hard with kids but you will make it! Can't wait to see you in AZ. You will love it!

Anonymous said...

i give u so much props for having to drive all that way.make the best of it and i miss u and tylar and braxton a ton. and nate.lol. well i love your pics.u dress the kids so cute.they should be mini models. and u 2.u look beautiful in hats!!!! i love u all so much

ali