Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tylar's Potty Trained! So Proud Of My Kids!!

I am SO proud of Tylar! About 2 months ago I started putting her on the toilet just here and there so she would get the idea. I did a star chart with her and for a couple days she went consistently but then had no interest and refused to use the potty. I figured she'll go when she's ready. With Braxton I stayed home for 3 days straight, putting him on the potty every 20 min all day. He caught on fast! At first I used night diapers when he went to bed, then I noticed every morning they were always dry. One night I got up in the middle of the night and saw Braxton using the bathroom, I was so proud, a 3 year old, getting up in the middle of the night, pulling down his night time pull up and going in the potty! He never once to this day has had an accident at night. Well with Tylar I figured I would do the same when she turns 3 and that she'd be ready then. Well about a week ago, she started using the potty again on her own, I thought she would lose interest again; what do ya know, she now for the past 3 days has not worn a diaper except at night and is using the potty all the time! The best part about it is I don't even have to remind her or ask her; she justs walks in the bathroom and owns it! I have to keep an eye on her though so I can make sure I wipe her because she is so independent and wants to do it on her own; shes like that with almost every thing! It's almost a battle sometimes cause certain things need my assistance like avoiding a uti if she wipes the wrong way and having a matching outfit on the right way and a cute hair do and avoiding food and drinks getting spilt! I love that she's so independent but certain things require my help and like I said, it could be a battle! Silly little girl! Also we all fell asleep last night forgetting to put a night diaper on her; we wake up and it was the first thing I thought of and prepared myself for a huge mess and clean up; to my surprise, she was dry!! I can't believe it, maybe I am just lucky when it comes to potty training my kids, they are easy when it comes to that or I'd say they're just super smart!! I have also been teaching them a lot lately since I have time on my hands. Braxton now can count to 50, spell and write his name and even use the laptop on his own playing games and finding letters, he is so smart! I don't think I could even spell and write my name before I was in kinder garden! We are also working on adding, which he knows adding any numbers through 10! Tylar can count to 30 only stumbling on a couple numbers. What really shocks me is the way she talks, she pronounces everything so clear, every one thinks she's 3 or older. I am so proud of them both and so thankful to be blessed with them as my children!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

That's so awesome she's been going potty on the toilet! Too bad i couldn't get Tayson to go a two yrs old. That was my biggest struggle with him, but he's been going for weeks now on the potty! I can't even remember the last time he had an accident in his pants. It's so nice when they go on the potty, i hate changing diapers, but now i better get used to it again cause I'll be doing it again in 3 weeks. Oh well. That's funny that you post about Braxton and Tylar counting, i was already planning on doing a post and another video of Tayson counting to 60! He can now count that high!! I am a proud momma too. I think Your kids and Tayson are just extra smart!! :)
Love you and miss you! Give the little ones hugs for me

Leah said...

Yeah! I bet it's so nice to not have any kids in diapers, lucky girl!